mercredi, février 06, 2008

Bergen is really Bjoergvin

I discovered recently that the most serene Hanseatic city should really be called Bjoergvin. The trolls mangle Norsk and say it Bergen. Because they prefer Stadin Slangi of Helsingfors.

But many young Bergeners call it "Bjoerkvin", imagining it is named after the great Icelandic/Eskimo, one of the three looniest women inna world, with Yoko Ono & Susan Sarandon.

3 commentaires:

Anonyme a dit...

Yes, or rather "Björk-öl", as they have not yet tasted wine. Actually, some years ago, or maybe many years ago, someone I know, maybe my brother, was the manager of Björk, or her biographer, or her most humble fan, I don't really remember. (Or maybe he only thought he was.) (Or maybe I only thought he was). (Well, whatever.)

Loonie, miss Guðmundsdóttir? She makes inexplicable sounds, refuses to speak Scandinavian, and doesn't like photographers. Well, who does/doesn't?

By the way, do you vote for Baruch O'Clinton or Hillbilly Bahamas?

Anonyme a dit...

Eskimo? Where?

Anonyme a dit...

Nansen - Eskimoland. In Canada called Nanukavat - no, Nanookia, no Nunavat (possibly a Finnish verb.)

Loki - I vote for Barrack Osama. Barrack in the sense of "heckle".

I'm still studying your 1st sentence. I notice Miss BG is referred to by Wikip as a popmusicman. I thought Eye-slanders were politikally korrekt (dietsche spelling).


Thor's day 7th, 10.25.