mardi, octobre 03, 2006

This week's fatuity. (Anglais/francais)

I thought I'd try and post a fatuity once a week. Here's one I heard on the Today prog. of Radio Guardian (a.k.a. R4).

Church of England bishop/vicar : "The Scriptures tell us God is neither male nor female."
Oh they do, do they???

What about the prayer to "Our Father"? What about "the Lord's my Shepherd"? And not "the Lady's my shepherdess".

Worst of all, what about the popular hymn -
Dear Lord and Father of mankind
Forgive our foolish ways.

Is that to be banned? Torn out of the hymn books?

@@@ Eveque/pretre de l'Eglise d'Angleterre (eglise officielle) a la BBC : Les Ecritures nous enseignent que Dieu n'est ni masculin, ni feminin. - Ah bon?

Et le Paternotre? Et le Psaume - Le seigneur est mon berger. Et pas "La Seigneure est ma bergere".

Aucun commentaire: